Dr. Johan Figueira graduated from School of Dentistry at the Central University of Venezuela in 2009.
In 2010 Dr. Figueira received acceptance into the Esthetic Restorative Program at the U.C.L.A. Center for Esthetic Dentistry where he continues his studies under leadership of preeminent Prosthodontic and Master Ceramicist, Dr. Edward McLaren. Dr. Figuera graduated in “Advanced Esthetic Dentistry” / Center for Esthetic Dentistry in 2013. Dr. Figueira maintains a practice limited to restorative-esthetic dentistry, and is involved in many researches of ceramic systems and has published several articles.
He is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Currently, he is faculty at “Center for Esthetic Dentistry” at UCLA. He presents numerous lectures & hands-on clinics internationally.
T O P I C
Hot Topics in Esthetics, Dental Ceramics, Cements and Adhesives
This presentation will cover many of the current “hot topics” in esthetics, dental ceramics and digital dentistry.
- Integrating visual and digital shade taking
- The materials and clinical indications for use of conservative (minimal or no-preparation) techniques for anterior bonded porcelain restorations
- Clinical indications for more aggressive porcelain veneer situations where mostly dentin is exposed
- Clinical indications, materials, and techniques for Inlays and Onlays
- Clinical situations and materials when a crown is indicated
- Zirconia based ceramics — problem solving porcelain chipping
- State of the art Adhesion, Cements and cementation
- New universal adhesive data review
- Immediate dentin sealing with universal adhesives